Rules of the competition
- Competitors will be provided with a mock firm style guide for memo writing, which they will be expected to follow.
- On the competition day, competitors will receive an email from the firm “partner” asking them to prepare a memo on a discrete legal issue.
- Competitors will then have three days in which to research and write their memo and email it to the competition coordinator.
- There will be a page limit.
- Late memos will not be considered for judging.
- The decision of the judges will be final, and no appeals on any ground will be allowed.
- Research skills – ability to find recent and useful cases and materials, and to stay within the confines of the research brief
- Writing skills – readability, professionalism and ‘Plain English’ skills
- Memo format – ability to follow the firm style guide
- A panel of LSA members will compile a shortlist of no more than 10 memos
- A panel of Academics will decide on the Winner and Runner-Up
Follow Us On
Website by Xenex Media